Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tonight...

About a week ago I had some of the best red-velvet cake I have ever had in my life. I have considered myself on a mission to recreate this piece of heaven.

My first attempt:












Pretty good but nothing like the glory that I experienced in last week's cake. I also cheated on the icing...I just bought the kind that is pre-made in the can rather than the kind from scratch.
I'm also a little bitter I had to buy an entire bottle of white vinegar for just a teaspoon for the recipe. As you can see though, my small group girls enjoyed the cake. They had nothing but good things to say. That's because they have not experienced the delight and goodness that a true red velvet cake can amount to.

On a different note.
Funniest part of the evening was when one of my small group girls was reading about "The Gentiles." However, instead of saying "Gentiles" she pronounced it as "The Genitals." There was an awkward silence but after I saw about 7 girls peeking up to see how I would respond, I busted out laughing. It was even funnier when the next verse was about circumcision.

It was a small group to remember.

And watch out, delicious red-velvet cake. I will find you.

1 comment:

Rachel Tiemeyer said...

Tell your small group girl not to feel bad. One time Justin Garrett wrote on a handout for the Senior High class a verse that was supposed to say "sexual immorality." Instead he wrote "sexual immortality"! He still hasn't lived that one down.