Saturday, January 9, 2010

TA-DA!


Couple things I learned while doing this:

  • Cover the entire mirror instead of just taping the edges. Little speckles of paint got on the mirror that I had to pick off.

  • I used oil based primer instead of water based. I read on another blog that oil based is what they primarily used. I think I'm going to stick with water based from now on. It was a mess to clean up and is still on my hands. If anyone knows what difference it makes, I'd love to know.

  • I used a sponge paint brush on the white part instead of a regular bristled paint brush. With all the nooks and crannys on the frame, the sponge was the only tool that would get paint on it all.

1 comment:

JBasnett said...

First off, I love that this post was posted at 6:52am. You are truly a girl after my heart. I miss you madly. Second, I LOVE YOUR NEW MIRROR!

Hugs!

Jeanna