Friday, December 11, 2009

Today

Today I woke up cranky.
No good reason.
Just woke up moody and irritated at the day.
I didn't want to get up.
I didn't want to get dressed and ready.
I didn't want to have a quiet time.
I didn't want to go workout.
I didn't want to go get stuff for the senior high Christmas party tonight.
I didn't want to do anything.
But at the same time I didn't want to do nothing.
Just cranky.

Despite my mood, I sat down in my quiet time chair.
Opened my bible.
Bowed my head to pray.
In my hardness I began to be humbled.
This is not MY day.
This is not MY life.
God has a purpose for my life today or I wouldn't be alive.
I am here to serve the highest king.
I have so so so much to be grateful for.
I get to wake up next to a wonderful man.
I have the things I need to get ready for the day.
I have warmth in my house and food in my fridge.
I can afford a gym that helps me stay healthy.
I have access to the living God who cares enough about me to show me my sin.
I have been given grace in my ungratefulness.
Things aren't so bad after all.
Today is a good day.

No comments: